ECCLA Awards Facilities Improvement Grants to Family Child Care Homes in Colorado
To address the declining number of licensed slots within family child care homes and to improve quality within home-based learning environments, the Buell Foundation granted funds to the Early Childhood Council Leadership Alliance (ECCLA) to provide facility improvement funding to family child care homes. This opportunity is intended to help family child care homes start up, expand, or maintain consistent operations, increase capacity, and reduce the number of family child care homes closing their doors due to financial restrictions.
In the first round of funding, ECCLA is providing 18 family child care homes across Colorado with awards totaling $69,000 for facilities improvements focused on expanding licensed capacity, health, safety, and quality improvement.
ECCLA is excited to announce the family child care home awardees and county locations:
- 8th Street Child Care, Sedgwick
- Alphabet Explorers, Jefferson
- Bean N Buddie, Montrose
- Britt’s Tot Spot, Yuma
- Chamblee Family Daycare, La Plata
- D’s Daycare, Montezuma
- Daisy Bear Childcare and Preschool, Montrose
- Douros Daycare, Adams
- Gianina Franz, Kit Carson
- Just Like Grandma’s Daycare, Larimer
- Kika’s Child Care, Weld
- Khanoi’s Little Friends, Alamosa
- Kristina’s Daycare, Adams
- Learn, Laugh, and Love Childcare, Mesa
- Room to Bloom Preschool, Adams
- Tami’s Tots, Broomfield
- Trina’s Fun House, Ouray
- Wondering Bees Childcare, Larimer
Applications for the second round of funding will be available on June 15, 2020, with applications due by August 28, 2020. ECCLA will host two optional technical assistance webinars for applicants on June 25 and July 23. Additional information will be posted at www.ecclacolorado.org/fcchgrant.