Join Our Newsletter

T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Colorado Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions

Potential Applicants

c Expand All C Collapse All

Current Scholars

c Expand All C Collapse All

Sponsoring Programs or Programs Interested in Sponsoring a T.E.A.C.H. Recipient

c Expand All C Collapse All

Click here to see the Potential Sponsoring Program Guide for estimated costs, the model matrix with explanations, and a printable FAQ.

The sponsoring program is responsible for paying 5% of the recipient’s tuition and fees, giving paid release time, and the work commitment bonus in the form of a two percent increase OR a one time bonus after the recipient has completed the work commitment.

The work bonus varies by model:

$125 for the Teacher Credential Model
$200 for Director Qualification Model
$325 for the Associate Degree Model
$350 for the Bachelor’s Degree Model

Once the contract is active, T.E.A.C.H. will send authorization to the college notifying them that T.E.A.C.H. should be billed directly for 90% of tuition and fees for that semester. T.E.A.C.H. will then pay this amount directly to the college. The college will then send an invoice for the remaining 10% of tuition to the sponsoring program. The program will submit payment for the 10% and will be responsible for collecting 5% from the employee. It is to your discretion to decide how you will collect the recipient’s portion.

This varies by college and how many credits a recipient completes. The average cost per credit hour at a Colorado Community College was $188.09 in 2021. Each course is usually three credits, which would bring the total to $564.27 for one, 3 credit course, putting the sponsoring program’s cost at $28.21 not including fees. All colleges charge different fees based on the program, the course, etc.

Keep in mind that four-year colleges are more expensive. If you are worried about the costs, please visit the college website for accurate pricing and discuss with the recipient. Each model has a minimum and maximum number of credits associated with it, so you will want to keep this in mind. If you sign a contract to support a recipient with a Director Qualifications Model, you are stating you will be responsible for costs for a minimum of nine credits and a maximum of 18 credits.

Skip to content