T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Colorado Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions
The T.E.A.C.H. scholarship can help you:
- Earn a higher credential
- Earn your Director’s qualification
- Earn your Early Childhood Teacher certification
- Earn an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
With the Early Childhood Community Specialist Model, T.E.A.C.H. can help you with any of the above options and:
- Earn a professional certificate for an Early Childhood Education-related role such as coaching, doulas, home visiting, and more.
- Earn a Master’s Degree.
Please contact Shannon Hall if you have questions about what T.E.A.C.H. can help you pay for.
Sponsoring Programs or Programs Interested in Sponsoring a T.E.A.C.H. Recipient
Under the Early Childhood Teacher Credential Model and the Director Qualification Model, recipients can only take ECE courses. If the recipient is working toward an associate or bachelor’s degree and are awarded under those specific models, they may take any coursework required to earn their degree. If a recipient is working toward and associate degree, they will need to apply through FAFSA and be working toward an AA or AAS Degree in Early Childhood.
Please keep in mind the AAS does not transfer to a four-year college if the recipient is interested in continuing on to their bachelor’s degree in the future. If the recipient is working toward a bachelor’s degree, they will need to provide proof of the completion of 60 college level courses, apply through FAFSA, and be working on a degree that has an emphasis in ECE.