We Have New Scholarship Models!
We have funding for the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® COLORADO Scholarship Program and are now accepting applications!
Want to learn more? Scroll down for more information and to download our application and corresponding documents or
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Colorado Scholarship Program
Early childhood professionals who have higher education have been shown to have a better understanding of child development and to be more responsive to the educational and academic needs of young children.
The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Colorado Scholarship Program offers early childhood education program directors and teachers a pathway to pursue higher education. Access to scholarships for early childhood education is a critical piece to a successful professional development pathway.
We are affiliated with the national Teacher Education and Compensation Helps Early Childhood® initiative of the Child Care Services Association, and we hold the state license to offer scholarships in Colorado.
The Early Childhood Council Leadership Alliance (ECCLA) is an equal opportunity scholarship provider. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, military status, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression in any of its activities or operations. Advancing Students for a Stronger Economy Tomorrow (ASSET) and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) students are welcome to apply!
For more information, please contact Shannon Hall, Director of Workforce Supports at (720) 899-3047 or by email. To fax your application send it to (720) 669-1544.
ECCLA is excited to announce that you can now apply online for the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Colorado Scholarship. To apply online, please click on the link below and create an account. Once you have an account set up you can:
- Learn about our different programs
- Apply to one or more of our programs
- Download and upload documents for your application
- Take surveys
- Find resources and more!
Your online application will be submitted using SSL encryption which ensures your application information is 100% secure.
Please find information about the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Colorado Scholarship Program in the tabs below. If you would like additional information download the T.E.A.C.H. Information Flyer.
The links below provide an overview of the scholarship models available. Additional details for each are listed in the “Scholarships” section.
Early childhood education professionals including directors, teachers, and family child care providers who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply.
- Live and work in Colorado
- Employed full-time* in a licensed early childhood setting defined as:
- 20+ hours a week if working towards Early Childhood Teacher or Director qualifications
- 30+ hours a week if working toward an associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Meet income guidelines**:
- As an owner or director, earning $35 per hour or less
- As teaching professionals, earning $25 per hour or less.
*Exceptions may be made for programs that do not operate on a full day schedule
**Exceptions may be made for rural resort counties.
The T.E.A.C.H. program works with several institutions of higher education across Colorado. Click on an institution below and it will take you directly to the institutions’s Early Childhood website for more information. If an institution is not listed, please contact Shannon Hall to discuss.
Our Advisory Committee works to ensure T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Colorado Scholarship Program is an effective, efficient, and reliable tool for increasing the education levels of Colorado’s child care workforce. It does this by keeping the program relevant to the state’s needs and compliant with licensing requirements, maximizing the usage of funds, and educating the community about the importance of highly trained child care providers. The committee’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support goals to increase education levels, reduce turnover, and increase wages among the early childhood workforce in Colorado.
- Set program administration policies and provide guidance on the development of program procedures.
- Provide oversight and accountability for projects, programs, and services offered for and by the T.E.A.C.H. program.
- Serve as advocates, facilitate access to policy makers, and help shape public policy that benefits the program.
Learn more about the program results for Colorado and the National T.E.A.C.H. Center.
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Colorado 2021 Annual Report
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Colorado 2020 Annual Report
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Annual Report FY 20 National Center
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Colorado FY 20 State Profile
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Colorado 2019 Annual Report
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Colorado FY 19 State Profile
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Colorado FY 18 State Profile
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Annual Report FY 19 National Center
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Annual Report FY 18 National Center
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Colorado 2018 Annual Report
Listed below are resources to better guide you through the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Scholarship Program, going back to school and other components.
For more information on our Director Qualifications
Model, please click
on the image or contact Shannon Hall.
For information on all of our scholarship models, click on the image to view our scholarship matrix.
If you are interested in applying for a T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Colorado Scholarship, please download and complete the application and corresponding Center Participation Agreement. Choose a scholarship option below for the corresponding documents. A Center Participation Agreement must be submitted with your application for it to be considered. Scholarships are subject to funding availability. If funding is unavailable, you can be added to our wait list.
For current T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Colorado Scholarship recipients, renewal and reimbursement forms can be found below.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Colorado Scholarship
Early childhood professionals including directors, teachers, or family child care providers in the state of Colorado are eligible to apply. This model supports those seeking to attain their Early Childhood Teacher or Director requirements, an associate degree, or a bachelor’s degree.
- T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship Application
- Early Childhood Credential Model Center Participation Agreement
- Early Childhood Director Qualifications Center Participation Agreement
- Associate Model Center Participation Agreement
- Bachelor Model Center Participation Agreement
- Family Child Care Provider Income Worksheet
- T.E.A.C.H. Center Profile
- Acuerdo de Participación del Centro: Modelo de Becas de Credenciales para la Primera Infancia
- Acuerdo de Participación del Centro: Modelo de Beca de Calificaciones del Director
- Acuerdo de Participación del Centro: Modelo de Becas de Título Técnico
- Acuerdo de Participación del Centro: Modelo de Becas de Licenciatura
- Modelo de Beca de T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® COLORADO
- Reseña del Centro
- Hoja de Cálculo de Ingresos del Proveedor de Cuidado Infantil Familiar
- Programa de Becas de T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® COLORADO
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Colorado Scholarship: Early Childhood Community Specialist Models
The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® EC Community Specialist Scholarship Stipend Models are for early childhood specialists not working in a center/program-based child care but serves the field in a different capacity such as a coach, substitute, trainer, etc. These recipients are enrolled or eligible to enroll in a certificate or credential program, or an Associate, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree program.
- EC Community Specialist Stipend Model – Application
- EC Community Specialist Certificate/Credential Stipend Model – Participation Agreement
- EC Community Specialist Associate Degree Stipend Model – Participation Agreement
- EC Community Specialist Bachelor’s Degree Stipend Model – Participation Agreement
- EC Community Specialist Master’s Degree Stipend Model – Participation Agreement
Renewal and Reimbursement Forms
For current T.E.A.C.H. recipients and their employer renewal and reimbursement forms are below.
- T.E.A.C.H. Renewal Application
- T.E.A.C.H. Book Reimbursement Form
- Form C: Paid Release Time Reimbursement Claim Form and Instructions
The KinderCare™ Education T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Scholarship
If you are a director or teacher in a KinderCare Education™ program, you are eligible to apply. This model supports directors and teachers seeking an associate’s degree.
- KinderCare Education™ T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Scholarship Application
- KinderCare Education™ T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Center Teacher Participation Agreement
- KinderCare Education™ T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Center Director Participation Agreement
- KinderCare Education™ T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Scholarship Model
- Solicitud de Beca de Título Técnico de KinderCare Education™
- Acuerdo De Participacion Del Centro: Beca del Título Técnico – Maestro/a de KinderCare Education™
- Acuerdo De Participacion Del Centro: Beca del Título Técnico – Director de KinderCare Education™
- Modelo de Beca T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Colorado KinderCare Education
Please use this form if you are a T.E.A.C.H. recipient that owes a payment to the program. Your payment will be processed securely online.